The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Board is accepting nominations to recognize individuals, programs, companies and organizations doing great things to improve workplaces in Dakota and Scott counties.
Awards will be presented at the Board's annual Legislative and Employer Awards luncheon on Dec. 16, 2016.
The deadline for nominations is Oct. 28 at 5 p.m. For more information or to submit a nomination, contact the Board at 651 554-5633 or email email@example.com. Award categories are listed below.
· Mark McAfee Friend of Workforce Award is given to an individual who has championed workforce issues at the local, state or federal levels.
· Business Champion Award recognizes an outstanding company that also uses Workforce Center's services.
· Bob Killeen Award recognizes companies for their implementation of quality practices.
· Willis E. Branning Excellence in Youth Employment Services Award recognizes an organization or program, an employer, or an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to and effectiveness in preparing young people ages 14-24.
· Bob Klas Sr. Entrepreneur Award recognizes a local entrepreneur success story through business growth, the leadership, or the mentorship they provide to other entrepreneurs.
· Employer of the Year for People with Disabilities will be presented to an employer who has improved the lives of people with disabilities though employment.